I really, really think so. And I’m so happy to be able to say that.
Weird, this thought actually crossed my mind today, but in a slightly different form. To be honest, my 8 year old was an insecure mess who couldn’t stand up for herself for shit and literally had no friends. I like to think she’d be proud of me… someone who’s not afraid to state her beliefs, is comfortable with herself, and has a large of group of close friends. Even a best friend. Of course my math and science grades are shitty so maybe she wouldn’t like me that much.
To be honest, I don’t think 8 year old me would recognize adult me, because that version of me is a completely different human being. 8 years old? That was the calm before the storm. I imagine that 8 year old me wouldn’t know what to do with grown up me, but you know what? All I need to do to make the child in me happy is open up the file of the things I’ve written - novels, short stories, fics - and let her see how far she’s come. And yeah, I think that little brat that put pen to paper and wrote a story about a magic carrot would be pretty damned proud.
I honestly don’t think so.
Not at all. I never imagined myself to turn out like this—EVER.
I don’t think 8-year-old me would know me now, either. I’m literally three times her age.
That said, I think we’d still get a kick out of each other, whether or not she’d be “proud.” I’d play dress up with her. I’d watch Disney with her and sing the songs, like I did then and do now, albeit to a lesser extent. I can guarantee, though, that if I showed 8-year-old me all the cool Photoshop stuff I do, she’d go nuts. XD
And actually, I might be more proud of her. When I was 8 years old, I was transferring into a new school. I had absolutely no concept of cliques, or the idea that kids would not like me because I was overly enthusiastic about everything. “HI. I’M KATY. WHAT’S YOUR NAME? CAN WE BE FRIENDS?” That would change by the time I was 10. I was not afraid to try anything. I was bright and wanted to learn, and thought the world had endless possibilities. That is awesome, and I wouldn’t tell her to change.
It’d be interesting, to be sure. But I think I’d be gratified if my 8-year-old self LIKED my 24-year-old self. It’d mean I hadn’t lost who I was, or let the pressures of being a “grown-up” override the stuff I love. I think I’ve done a decent job so far, but kids see things differently, so…who’s to say?
If my 13-year-old self met me, though…I think she’d be proud. I’ve turned out okay so far. :)
Not sure about my 8 year old self. But my 11 year old self wanted nothing more than to make enough people laugh that they would stop trying to hurt me, so he’d probably be relieved if nothing else.
- iwatcheddishes reblogged this from eisteekoenigin and added:
- xsmyx reblogged this from rainingoverus
- daspandas reblogged this from rainingoverus
- favouritestar reblogged this from rainingoverus
- favouritestar likes this
- rainingoverus reblogged this from rnilehigh
- pas-encore reblogged this from ssweet-dispositionn
- siunoh reblogged this from snappp-out-of-it
- nnnn14 likes this
- badbehavior-bemysavior reblogged this from hvrryup-weredreaming
- livelove2 likes this
- hvrryup-weredreaming reblogged this from pathettiic
- abzurfax likes this
- doalllthingswithlovee reblogged this from syeragonja
- syeragonja reblogged this from gabadab
- heavenisaplaceonearthwithyoux reblogged this from sincerelyjanessa
- inasickfantasy reblogged this from sincerelyjanessa
- radxmad reblogged this from esctasea
- simplyyisis reblogged this from esctasea
- sincerelyjanessa reblogged this from sincerelyjanessa
- living-dead-teen likes this
- dipolar reblogged this from theageofmanisover
- theageofmanisover reblogged this from hopelesslyyinloveee
- daniellebadassgullett reblogged this from gettingridofrealitywithmusic
- my-green-hell reblogged this from megicocity and added:
- gypsyonthemainline reblogged this from foret-d-hiver
- megicocity reblogged this from foret-d-hiver
- christophwaltzd likes this
- foret-d-hiver reblogged this from lose-my-mindd
- lose-my-mindd reblogged this from 18huesofblues
- bangcouver reblogged this from pierce-the-sirens-at-the-horizon
- kristiiiicakess reblogged this from william-madden
- death-is-on-the-horizon likes this
- simply-a-lost-cause reblogged this from gypsy-princss
- shorttripstomars reblogged this from pierce-the-sirens-at-the-horizon
- fearlessdreamer09 reblogged this from 18huesofblues
- andimnotsinking reblogged this from pierce-the-sirens-at-the-horizon
- william-madden reblogged this from pierce-the-sirens-at-the-horizon
- sunflower-wrists likes this
- puresca reblogged this from kyler-shae
- scars-and-regrets reblogged this from 18huesofblues
- labelmecrazy reblogged this from 18huesofblues
- princessshirley reblogged this from simplxstic-chic
- princessshirley likes this
- freedom-ofthe-city likes this
- kyler-shae reblogged this from pierce-the-sirens-at-the-horizon
- dejaentendu-me reblogged this from pierce-the-sirens-at-the-horizon
- gypsy-princss reblogged this from myfabulouslifealldayandeveryday
- myfabulouslifealldayandeveryday reblogged this from simplxstic-chic