I really, really think so. And I’m so happy to be able to say that.
Weird, this thought actually crossed my mind today, but in a slightly different form. To be honest, my 8 year old was an insecure mess who couldn’t stand up for herself for shit and literally had no friends. I like to think she’d be proud of me… someone who’s not afraid to state her beliefs, is comfortable with herself, and has a large of group of close friends. Even a best friend. Of course my math and science grades are shitty so maybe she wouldn’t like me that much.
To be honest, I don’t think 8 year old me would recognize adult me, because that version of me is a completely different human being. 8 years old? That was the calm before the storm. I imagine that 8 year old me wouldn’t know what to do with grown up me, but you know what? All I need to do to make the child in me happy is open up the file of the things I’ve written - novels, short stories, fics - and let her see how far she’s come. And yeah, I think that little brat that put pen to paper and wrote a story about a magic carrot would be pretty damned proud.
I honestly don’t think so.
Not at all. I never imagined myself to turn out like this—EVER.
I don’t think 8-year-old me would know me now, either. I’m literally three times her age.
That said, I think we’d still get a kick out of each other, whether or not she’d be “proud.” I’d play dress up with her. I’d watch Disney with her and sing the songs, like I did then and do now, albeit to a lesser extent. I can guarantee, though, that if I showed 8-year-old me all the cool Photoshop stuff I do, she’d go nuts. XD
And actually, I might be more proud of her. When I was 8 years old, I was transferring into a new school. I had absolutely no concept of cliques, or the idea that kids would not like me because I was overly enthusiastic about everything. “HI. I’M KATY. WHAT’S YOUR NAME? CAN WE BE FRIENDS?” That would change by the time I was 10. I was not afraid to try anything. I was bright and wanted to learn, and thought the world had endless possibilities. That is awesome, and I wouldn’t tell her to change.
It’d be interesting, to be sure. But I think I’d be gratified if my 8-year-old self LIKED my 24-year-old self. It’d mean I hadn’t lost who I was, or let the pressures of being a “grown-up” override the stuff I love. I think I’ve done a decent job so far, but kids see things differently, so…who’s to say?
If my 13-year-old self met me, though…I think she’d be proud. I’ve turned out okay so far. :)
Not sure about my 8 year old self. But my 11 year old self wanted nothing more than to make enough people laugh that they would stop trying to hurt me, so he’d probably be relieved if nothing else.
- vladimir176 reblogged this from esotericaristocracy
- oliviasquires reblogged this from bikinitops-and-beachhairr
- oliviasquires likes this
- fuckingmrr reblogged this from projectwk
- mirandaapriestly likes this
- soft-glow reblogged this from a-mpersands
- a-dream-is-awish-urheart-makes reblogged this from behind-these-hazel-eye
- lumenovaa reblogged this from selfh4te and added:
- jobobjo13 likes this
- myvoiceismypen reblogged this from ssweet-dispositionn
- barely-alive-but-still-breathing reblogged this from buttercup-cakes
- tales-from-far-far-away reblogged this from andthatsallittook
- andthatsallittook reblogged this from to-be--understood and added:
- sanshine7 reblogged this from tenthcloctor
- pink-bitches-66 likes this
- notedejarecaer reblogged this from ssweet-dispositionn
- iamsupersaiyan reblogged this from saritaelizabeth
- small-girl-big-heart reblogged this from saritaelizabeth
- saritaelizabeth reblogged this from watchoutformyfakesmile
- saritaelizabeth likes this
- watchoutformyfakesmile reblogged this from noisykisses
- until-we-meet-again-someday reblogged this from gomi-desu
- amazonmonster likes this
- gomi-desu reblogged this from dreadandscars
- the-diaryof-jane reblogged this from slowly-killing-yourself and added:
- missmalssmiles reblogged this from rebecca-elena
- bwallishq reblogged this from missspankypants
- cammieeemariee likes this
- krissiegrewwings likes this
- poisonedbyfashion likes this
- missthisbliss reblogged this from slowly-killing-yourself
- destructiveyetgorgeous reblogged this from drowningintearss
- lezlieknope likes this
- pencey-preparatory reblogged this from pink-pearls-boatshoes
- quiet-screaminng likes this
- oceansoftenderness reblogged this from mala-breskva
- lisaaa-g reblogged this from rosybolle
- xtinasomar likes this
- the-lady-still-waiting reblogged this from secretly-i-am-brokenn
- freedomisexpensive reblogged this from modern-words-of-wisdom
- modern-words-of-wisdom reblogged this from visiondreamsofpassion
- ciennat likes this
- imperfecione likes this
- browneyes--whitelies reblogged this from song-of-the-little-butterfly and added:
- onceuponascar reblogged this from staafsak
- breeesbomb reblogged this from alittlerebellionisagoodthing
- sebastian-contramundum reblogged this from alittlerebellionisagoodthing and added:
- sarahellllen reblogged this from alittlerebellionisagoodthing
- alittlerebellionisagoodthing reblogged this from somethingtodreamof
- fightlikewolves reblogged this from melisssaaaah and added: