I really, really think so. And I’m so happy to be able to say that.
Weird, this thought actually crossed my mind today, but in a slightly different form. To be honest, my 8 year old was an insecure mess who couldn’t stand up for herself for shit and literally had no friends. I like to think she’d be proud of me… someone who’s not afraid to state her beliefs, is comfortable with herself, and has a large of group of close friends. Even a best friend. Of course my math and science grades are shitty so maybe she wouldn’t like me that much.
To be honest, I don’t think 8 year old me would recognize adult me, because that version of me is a completely different human being. 8 years old? That was the calm before the storm. I imagine that 8 year old me wouldn’t know what to do with grown up me, but you know what? All I need to do to make the child in me happy is open up the file of the things I’ve written - novels, short stories, fics - and let her see how far she’s come. And yeah, I think that little brat that put pen to paper and wrote a story about a magic carrot would be pretty damned proud.
I honestly don’t think so.
Not at all. I never imagined myself to turn out like this—EVER.
I don’t think 8-year-old me would know me now, either. I’m literally three times her age.
That said, I think we’d still get a kick out of each other, whether or not she’d be “proud.” I’d play dress up with her. I’d watch Disney with her and sing the songs, like I did then and do now, albeit to a lesser extent. I can guarantee, though, that if I showed 8-year-old me all the cool Photoshop stuff I do, she’d go nuts. XD
And actually, I might be more proud of her. When I was 8 years old, I was transferring into a new school. I had absolutely no concept of cliques, or the idea that kids would not like me because I was overly enthusiastic about everything. “HI. I’M KATY. WHAT’S YOUR NAME? CAN WE BE FRIENDS?” That would change by the time I was 10. I was not afraid to try anything. I was bright and wanted to learn, and thought the world had endless possibilities. That is awesome, and I wouldn’t tell her to change.
It’d be interesting, to be sure. But I think I’d be gratified if my 8-year-old self LIKED my 24-year-old self. It’d mean I hadn’t lost who I was, or let the pressures of being a “grown-up” override the stuff I love. I think I’ve done a decent job so far, but kids see things differently, so…who’s to say?
If my 13-year-old self met me, though…I think she’d be proud. I’ve turned out okay so far. :)
Not sure about my 8 year old self. But my 11 year old self wanted nothing more than to make enough people laugh that they would stop trying to hurt me, so he’d probably be relieved if nothing else.
- liamkell reblogged this from imesseverythingup
- lord-brooks likes this
- mopeymo reblogged this from sarahbelle93
- potato-tots likes this
- cupidsayscouture likes this
- cupidsayscouture reblogged this from y0udefiney0urself
- lostt-inn-lovvee reblogged this from walkinwiththedreamers
- shandawwwg reblogged this from sarahbelle93
- life-acted-out reblogged this from when-i-go-back-to-black
- love-like-woeeea reblogged this from manishaluv123
- b0mbshellbl0nd3 reblogged this from teenage-maaadness
- warmheartedness likes this
- freebirdy reblogged this from floor-spin and added:
- reannaastewartt reblogged this from summer-brought-adventure
- anima-amara reblogged this from wastedlikeyoursoul
- paulalovo reblogged this from abzillaaa
- paulalovo likes this
- papasxiv likes this
- abzillaaa reblogged this from supaa-rich-kids
- gwen95 likes this
- donttouch-oops reblogged this from braydaaan
- becauseklass likes this
- becauseklass reblogged this from 2x67
- thornshaveroses49 reblogged this from parteheybitch
- kendallgosma reblogged this from heavensfree
- mandahopkins reblogged this from on-my-toes-for-you
- writingsandwhatnot likes this
- december11ninety5 reblogged this from annaelizabeth11
- annaelizabeth11 reblogged this from alittlebitofsunshinee
- alittlebitofsunshinee reblogged this from sarahbelle93
- myfairliza likes this
- peanutsandtreenutsandbarley reblogged this from arnageorgia
- peanutsandtreenutsandbarley likes this
- the-original-gamer likes this
- mystic-night reblogged this from krystalelizabethxo
- and-you-are reblogged this from vans-and-spraytans
- 1-900-fuckyou reblogged this from superrichkid-s
- wolf-disposition reblogged this from superrichkid-s
- yosissta likes this
- caroavilaa reblogged this from sseacrets
- sophwood95 likes this
- justanyoltumblr likes this
- k1ss-m3-again reblogged this from thejokerneverjokes
- daiquiridreamsx reblogged this from sseacrets
- doorwaytomydream reblogged this from nxsxyx
- doorwaytomydream likes this
- howiwishitwas reblogged this from superrichkid-s and added:
- voldeprise reblogged this from sseacrets
- mrtedismybear reblogged this from iloooovvvveeeeeyou and added:
- mrtedismybear likes this