I really, really think so. And I’m so happy to be able to say that.
Weird, this thought actually crossed my mind today, but in a slightly different form. To be honest, my 8 year old was an insecure mess who couldn’t stand up for herself for shit and literally had no friends. I like to think she’d be proud of me… someone who’s not afraid to state her beliefs, is comfortable with herself, and has a large of group of close friends. Even a best friend. Of course my math and science grades are shitty so maybe she wouldn’t like me that much.
To be honest, I don’t think 8 year old me would recognize adult me, because that version of me is a completely different human being. 8 years old? That was the calm before the storm. I imagine that 8 year old me wouldn’t know what to do with grown up me, but you know what? All I need to do to make the child in me happy is open up the file of the things I’ve written - novels, short stories, fics - and let her see how far she’s come. And yeah, I think that little brat that put pen to paper and wrote a story about a magic carrot would be pretty damned proud.
I honestly don’t think so.
Not at all. I never imagined myself to turn out like this—EVER.
I don’t think 8-year-old me would know me now, either. I’m literally three times her age.
That said, I think we’d still get a kick out of each other, whether or not she’d be “proud.” I’d play dress up with her. I’d watch Disney with her and sing the songs, like I did then and do now, albeit to a lesser extent. I can guarantee, though, that if I showed 8-year-old me all the cool Photoshop stuff I do, she’d go nuts. XD
And actually, I might be more proud of her. When I was 8 years old, I was transferring into a new school. I had absolutely no concept of cliques, or the idea that kids would not like me because I was overly enthusiastic about everything. “HI. I’M KATY. WHAT’S YOUR NAME? CAN WE BE FRIENDS?” That would change by the time I was 10. I was not afraid to try anything. I was bright and wanted to learn, and thought the world had endless possibilities. That is awesome, and I wouldn’t tell her to change.
It’d be interesting, to be sure. But I think I’d be gratified if my 8-year-old self LIKED my 24-year-old self. It’d mean I hadn’t lost who I was, or let the pressures of being a “grown-up” override the stuff I love. I think I’ve done a decent job so far, but kids see things differently, so…who’s to say?
If my 13-year-old self met me, though…I think she’d be proud. I’ve turned out okay so far. :)
Not sure about my 8 year old self. But my 11 year old self wanted nothing more than to make enough people laugh that they would stop trying to hurt me, so he’d probably be relieved if nothing else.
- highdazes likes this
- letsmake-usbegin-again reblogged this from depression-ruins-you
- letsmake-usbegin-again likes this
- maawiaah- reblogged this from fuckmentaldisorder
- feita-de-estrelas reblogged this from depressed-dutch-kid
- tu-princesa-linda reblogged this from fuckmentaldisorder
- perries-wife reblogged this from allieapaige
- williammacey reblogged this from where-did-the-party-g0
- williammacey likes this
- satan-in-my-pocket likes this
- eazilycheezy reblogged this from shit-happends-sometimes
- mjamieson96 reblogged this from lucifers-misstress
- becausecocainejpg reblogged this from fuckmentaldisorder
- xxfallendownxx likes this
- oktoberluft reblogged this from untergelogenemlachen
- kissthesun333 reblogged this from colddeadhappy
- ih8youokey likes this
- where-did-the-party-g0 reblogged this from thoughts-0f-kissing-razors
- worthlessbutbreathing likes this
- worthlessbutbreathing reblogged this from fuckmentaldisorder
- carrotsbro21 likes this
- tokingwilliam likes this
- colddeadhappy reblogged this from skinnypleaseforever
- my-world-in-black-and-whitexox reblogged this from dj-poirier
- my-world-in-black-and-whitexox likes this
- wherethingscomehome reblogged this from countyourblessings22
- dj-poirier reblogged this from fuckmentaldisorder
- kittyspanxx likes this
- suicide--draws--closer reblogged this from suicide-sleep-and-suffering
- countyourblessings22 reblogged this from holy-jizzicles and added:
- crazylove1d reblogged this from date-s
- deyooooo reblogged this from date-s
- holy-jizzicles likes this
- suicide-sleep-and-suffering reblogged this from thegirlwith-hiddenscars
- letyourhairdowndarling reblogged this from september-eighteen
- lets-howtheotherhalflives-love likes this
- lets-howtheotherhalflives-love reblogged this from winter-g1rl
- carvedlines reblogged this from fuckmentaldisorder
- skjzark likes this
- weareourownmonsters likes this
- hottornahh likes this
- untergelogenemlachen reblogged this from traenen-reich
- boozewillprevail reblogged this from excusemycrazy
- an-illness-of-the-mind reblogged this from that-blueeyed-heartthrob
- stressedanddepressedxx likes this
- londonparisbaby reblogged this from melancholy-mask and added:
- collarbones-thighgaps-and-blades reblogged this from skinnypleaseforever
- weekend-is-war reblogged this from churchofwildones
- lydiahatssyou likes this
- skinnypleaseforever reblogged this from melancholy-mask